Deadline : July 17, 2020 .
Apply for the Zurich – One Young World Scholarship 2020 in Berlin, Germany. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political and business leaders. Are you a young leader from America/Asia/Europe? You could attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany from 23 – 26 April 2021.
Zurich Insurance innovating in three areas: Mitigating the impacts of climate change, tackling the world’s increasing physical and mental health challenges, and striving to increase both social and financial inclusion. Our aim is to transform the lives of 1m people by 2024, and positively impact the lives of 10m more.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, we’re proud to support the Zurich One Young World Scholarship 2020 which will enable 12 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany on 23 – 26 April 2021.
City Profile: Munich, Bavaria’s capital, is home to centuries-old buildings and numerous museums. The city is known for its annual Oktoberfest celebration and its beer halls, including the famed Hofbräuhaus, founded in 1589. In the Altstadt (Old Town), central Marienplatz square contains landmarks such as Neo-Gothic Neues Rathaus (town hall), with a popular glockenspiel show that chimes and reenacts stories from the 16th century. With a population of around 1.5 million, it is the third-largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hambur
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a shared room between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class), the carbon emissions of which will be doubly offset by the Z Zurich. Foundation through an accredited scheme in Myanmar.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit).
- Ground transportation between Summit venues.
- Access to additional programming offered by Zurich;
- Participation in Zurich-led sessions in the lead-up to, during, and after the Summit.
- A Zurich buddy from NEXT.
- A personal development workshop held at Zurich Insurance’s headquarters in Switzerland. All costs relating to these sessions are covered by Zurich
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- This scholarship is intended for 12 inspirational young leaders who share Zurich’s vision for a more sustainable world. You should apply for this scholarship if:
- You are a young leader working in the fields of climate change, wellbeing or inclusion.
- You have demonstrated commitment to shaping a more fair, more equal society in which everyone can succeed.
- Applications from every country are welcomed.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges.