Deadline : September 19, 2021
Apply for the UNDP African Young Women Leaders AfYWL Fellowship Programme. UNDP is looking for up to 25 young African women to participate in the 2021 African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship Programme. Hosted at its New York Headquarters or one of its regional or country offices, the fellowship aims to select up to 25 Women from the African continent to join its fellowship programme. Selected fellows will fill placements at either the UN Secretariat or the AU Commission.
Through this fellowships programme, UNDP aims to enhance women’s leadership and representation in public and private institutions. The fellowship will offer targeted leadership training and capacity development to aprticipating fellows promote the participation of young women in decision-making roles.
This fellowship will last for a period of 12 months in which fellows will carry our different task that will be assigned to them at placement locations. The fellowships programme is made possible by a special partnership between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), that aims to aims to provide opportunities for African youth in the key areas of education, employment, entrepreneurship and engagement, and mainstream youth and women in key development spaces.
Selected fellows will be eligible for the following benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend to help cover accommodation and living costs at their respective placements.
- You will also receive coverage for expenses related to travel and medical insurance.
- There is also an earmarked learning budget allocated for undertaking relevant learning and development activities.
To apply, applicants must meet the following conditions
- Applications are welcome from Female qualified candidates from eligible countries
- Candidates must be Nationals of an African Union member state. Priority will be given to nationals of AU member states that did not benefit from the first cohort of the Fellowship Programme.
- You must be below the age of 34 at the time of application.
- Applicants must have graduated with a Master’s degree or equivalent by the time they submit their application
- Your degree must have been obtain in the fields of Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- You must have spent a Maximum of one year accumulating relevant experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management.
- Candidates must be ready to live and work outside their home countries for a period of 12 months
- You must be well vast with issues relating to poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
- Applicants must have Strong working knowledge of English or Proficiency in at least one additional AU working language (Arabic, English, French, or Portuguese)
Applications for the programme are submitted online using teh online application portal provided at the UNDP website. To complete your application, yu will be required to in the information in all fileds of the online application. this will be accompanied by attachements of scanned copies of the required documents
- You must submit a one-page motivation letter expressing reasons why you think you are a perfect candidate, your strengths and how this Fellowship Programme will help you build a future career.
- Applicants will be required to submit a short essay worth a maximum 1,500 words, presenting an innovative solution to a complex development problem.
- You must submit Copies of your academic diplomas, degrees and certificates
- If your Master’s degree is issued in one of the AU official languages you do not need to further translate this
- Request 2 professional letters of recommendation, singed by the issuing referees
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here