Deadline : Open.
Apply for a the UN Volunteers for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Response Program. The Novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is placing significant strains on health systems, essential public services and communities globally. UN entities are working closely with national governments, community groups, the health sector and industry to respond to this crisis with a multi-sectoral, equitable and human-rights focused approach.
The UNV invites therefore skilled professionals to support the UN system’s response as national UN Volunteers. Join efforts to mitigate the economic, social and health impacts of this crisis, and to safeguard progress made towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. International UN Volunteers may telecommute or be deployed once travel restrictions are lifted. The program will run for a period from 3-12 months (with possibility of extension).
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Volunteers will receive a monthly living allowance to cover housing, basic needs and utilities; settling-in-grant; life, health and permanent disability insurance; return airfares
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must have at least two years of professional experience,
- You must be at least 22 years old for national UN Volunteer assignments, and at least 25 years old for international UN Volunteer assignments
- You must have qualifications and experience in any of the following areas
- Health systems (epidemiologists, public health, health statisticians)
- Health supply chain (pharmacists, equipment, cold chain)
- Medical (medical officers, doctors, nurses, lab technicians)
- Medical waste management
- WASH (with a focus on hygiene)
- Psychosocial support (counselling)
- Emergency management and coordination
- Socio-economic & health assessment
- Gender based violence
- Communications (incl. communications for development, communications in emergencies)
- Information management/Data analysis
- Monitoring & evaluation (ideally related to health and/or emergencies), and Reporting
- Child protection
- Economic development
To apply, you should follow the procedure below
- You will have to register(or update your profile) on UNV’s web application system
- During the registration process, you should enter COVID-19 as a keyword in your Motivation Statement
- Remember to click on ‘Submit UNV Profile’ once you have created your UNV account and completed all mandatory information
To apply, Click here