Deadline : March 2, 2021
Apply for the U.S. MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship Program at the Lebanese American University (LAU) in Lebanon. Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) program part of the MEPI initiative which aims to offer students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) a unique opportunity to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree through leading American University with U.S. accreditation in the MENA region. Grounded in common foundational principles such as gender and intersectionality , as well as community service and leadership, the program provides participants with opportunities to engage in related extra-curricular activities
This program gives graduate students the opportunity to acquire professional experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders while supporting and increasing scholars’ knowledge in gender issues in specific in the various fields of study. Applicants can apply to study for one of the following degree programmes
- M.A. in Applied Economics – 30 credits (Beirut Campus)
- M.A. in Education – 30 credits (Beirut Campus)
- M.A. in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies – 30 credits (Beirut Campus)
- M.A. in International Affairs – 30 credits (Beirut or Byblos Campus)
- M.S. in Biological Sciences – 30 credits (Beirut or Byblos Campus)
Recipients of the scholarship will work closely with leading faculty in their field on research agendas crafted in line with the MEPI-TLG goals. Starting as graduate research assistants while taking their graduate courses, students gain solid research skills that prepare them to conceptualize and conduct their own full-fledged research.
Selected Applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive full coverage of all applicable costs including fees for enrollment, tuition and any other fees
- Scholarship recipients will receive medical insurance coverage for the whole length of their study
- You will be eligible for a monthly living allowance to cover your living costs
- Beneficiaries will receive student housing for their entire duration of their programme
- You will receive one laptop for the duration of the program;
- There is a yearly book allowance to be provided to students
- You will receive two round-trip tickets for your flight to and from your home country
In order to apply for the scholarship program, you must meet the following conditions
- You must be a citizen and resident of one of the participating countries. (Please see list here)
- Candidates must be eligible for admission into a Master’s degree programme of your choice
- Applicants must be committed to complete their selected Master’s degree programme within two-years
- You must also be committed to pursue hands-on public policy research and work as part of your Master’s program;
- Applicants for the programme are highly performing students who demonstrate academic excellence
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need status per MEPI and host university Financial Aid policies. In other words, you should be underrepresented or an economically deserving student.
You must Email your fully completed application form together with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You documents must be submitted as separate attachments and must include the following
- Completed Admission-Application Form (To be downloaded from website)
- You must include a recent passport-size photo.
- An Identity card and/or passport
- Educational certificates or diplomas (Bachelor, License).
- Official transcript(s) of grades from all colleges or universities attended.
- You will need to include a personal Essay of at least 1,000 words detailing certain aspects related to your application (Details on website)
- A research statement describing your research interests and professional goals, how you plan to accomplish them, and why one of the five programs is best suited for you to do so.(More details on website)
- Applicants must submit two recommendation letters from two professors who are familiar with their academic performance. Please note that recommendation letters could (preferably) be sent by your professors directly to email@example.com
- Certificate(s) of employment with a CV, if you have relevant work experience(s).
- Official test scores of English proficiency test (More details on grades on website)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here