Deadline : April 27, 2020 .
Apply for the European Health Forum Young Forum Gastein (YFG) Programme 2020 in Bad Hofgastein, Austria. The Young Forum Gastein (YFG) programme was initiated in 2007 to enable promising young health professionals to attend the annual European Health Forum Gastein (EHFG) and become a part of an inspiring network which now includes almost 500 members (Young Gasteiners) working in public and private sectors, civil society, and science and academia.
Participation in the YFG network introduces young experts to the EHFG community and the European public health scene in general – facilitating exchange of knowledge and networking with high-level health policymakers. It also offers a unique opportunity for the Young Gasteiners to actively contribute to the annual EHFG conference as authors of session reports or blog posts, moderators or rapporteurs, and get involved in discussions on the current challenges and developments in health in Europe and beyond.
The EHFG 2020 will take place in Bad Hofgastein, Austria, from 30 Sept – 2 Oct as originally announced, with the YFG programme to begin on 29 Sept. The YFG programme at EHFG2020 commences in the afternoon of Tuesday, 29th September 2020 (one day before the official start of the EHFG conference). Activities will take place up to and including the afternoon of Friday, 2nd October.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The EHFG scholarship covers the conference registration fee, accommodation expenses, local transportation, meals, and participation in the tailor-made YFG programme 2020.
- Selected participants are responsible for their travel to and from Bad Hofgastein/Salzburg as well as visa arrangements and any other associated costs. Should you consider seeking financial support from your employer, the EHFG will provide you with a letter confirming your acceptance into the programme.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Citizenship of one of the countries eligible for the program (Click here for List)
- 35 years of age or under on 29th September 2020
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Hold a Master´s degree in a health-related subject
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of public health/ health services/ health policy
- By applying for the YFG programme the applicant confirms her/his availability to undertake an active role before and during the conference.
- This is a pre-condition for being accepted into the programme. Activities may include reporting on the event, contributing to the conference web-blog, conducting interviews, supporting interactive sessions, participation in panel discussions, acting as rapporteur for a session, etc.
To apply, you should follow the following procedure and submit the required documents
- You will fill in a short Google Forms questionnaire before you submit the required documents
- You will have to submit the required documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English (i.e. native speaker, OR a formal certificate/qualification demonstrating proficiency in English OR proof of publications or other written work in English OR employer confirmation of your English ability and regular use of English in your day to day work)
- Passport scan
- Letter of Support (a short letter from your manager/supervisor on your organisation´s headed paper confirming that:
To apply, Click here