Deadline : January 31, 2021
Apply for the Commonwealth Climate Research Cohort 2021. The Commonwealth Climate Research Cohort is looking for 24 talented climate and environment researchers who are committed to building climate resilience through multidisciplinary research. Applicants to the programme are expected to be emerging research leaders based at ACU member universities.
This Research Cohort is dedicated to passionate climate and environment researchers who wish to enhance their skills in leadership as well as knowledge exchange. You will have the opportunity to work along with experts from across the Commonwealth, to identify opportunities to engage and influence on issues of climate and environment in the lead up to COP26.
Through providing training, access to networks and COP26 travel funding, the ACU and the British Council are working in partnership to support 24 rising stars in climate and environment research who are working towards solutions for climate-vulnerable regions across the Commonwealth.
Successfully selected applicants for the cohort will receive the following benefits
- Funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow, UK (travel restriction dependent)
- You will receive leadership training with a cohort of peers through virtual, expert-led workshops
- Applicants will gain skills development for knowledge exchange and policy influence
- You will have the opportunity to conduct a peer-led research-to-action project with seed funding
- Participants will gain access to mentorship from an international network of climate and environment researchers through the ACU’s Commonwealth Climate Resilience Network
- Applicants must be nationals and residents of ODA-eligible Commonwealth small states, or residents of any other Commonwealth country with a research focus applicable to an ODA-eligible Commonwealth small state
- You must be based at an Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) member university (Please see full list here)
- Applicants must have a letter signed by their head of department, supervisor, or other senior member of staff supporting their participation in this project between March-November 2021
- You must hold a PhD or be enrolled in a PhD programme at the time of application
- If you already posses a PhD, you must be a post-doctoral researcher with no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience working in the broad field of climate and environment research
- Applicants currently enrolled in a PhD programme must demonstrable and significant experience in research and leadership in the broad field of climate and environment research
Applicants are required to Complete the application form in order to apply to be a member of the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort. Applications must be submitted before the deadline of 23.59 UTC on 31st January 2021.
Please also note that the Commonwealth Climate Research Cohort is committed to supporting future research leaders. Therefore the programme encourages applications from a diverse range of candidates, including those who identify as disabled
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here