Deadline : January 28, 2022
Apply for the 2022 Breakthrough Institute Generation Fellowship in Oakland in the United States. The Breakthrough Generation is an initiative in the Breakthrough Institute’s research program. The program was founded in 2008 with the aim of fostering the development of a new generation of thinkers and writers capable of inventing new solutions to the greatest challenges facing the world today in the areas of economy, environment and energy.
Every year, the program offers several summer fellowships usually from June to August, dedicated to deserving students. These ten-week fellowships are highly competitive and are dedicated to to recent college graduates and postgraduates from any university from around the world.
Usually, during the summer fellowship, the program dedicates the first two weeks of the summer to the Breakthrough Bootcamp, an intellectual crash course involving different activities including intensive reading, writing, and an expert lecture series designed to provide a grounding in the broad-spectrum thinking that informs Breakthrough’s policy agenda.
During the boot camp, participants explore several topics including modernization theory, social psychology, aspirational politics and philosophy, economics and innovation policy, and technology policy. For the remaining 8 weeks, fellows work in small teams divided between three program areas: Energy, Cities, or Food & Farming.
Fellows will be eligible for the following benefits during the summer fellowship
- The program will offer you a fellows grant worth $600 per week, through out the whole programme
- Additional travel and housing assistance stipends are available upon acceptance based on an as-needed basis.
In order to apply, you must fulfill the following application eligibility criteria.
- The fellowship is open to students from any University from all around the world
- You must be a final-year undergraduate, college graduate or postgraduates in order to apply for the fellowship. Fellowships are open to applicants from any country.
- Be available for the 10 weeks of the summer fellowship
you must submit your application online if you are interested in the fellowship. during the application process, you will be required to submit the following support documents
- A Cover Letter indicate the choice of your preferred research field from the three fellowship research areas namely Energy, Cities, or Food & Farming.
- Your most recent CV/Resume of up to two pages maximum.
- You must submit Three Writing Samples including
- A 500-1000 word argumentative essay or op-ed (does not have to be published) on a subject of your choice that demonstrates an ability to make a focused argument in a clear, convincing, and accessible way.
- Submit a research paper, preferably between 15-20 pages.
- An additional writing sample of your choosing
- You must submit a minimum of three professional references with contact information.
- Letters of Recommendation are welcome but not required
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here