Deadline : March 15, 2020 .
Apply for the Romanian Government Scholarship 2020/21. The scholarship program offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on H.G. 288/1993, for the academic year 2020 – 2021, was launched. The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship is not, until 31 December of the year in which he / she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
The application file must contain the following documents:
1. Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
2. The MFA application form (APPENDIX 1) for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly;
3. The MER application form (APPENDIX 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
4. Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
5. Legalized copies of matriculation sheets / diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable;
6. Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian;
7. Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport;
8. The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies;
9. Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
10. Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
To apply please contact the Romanian Government Foreign Mission/ Embassy in your country or Click Here
All international students interested in applying for the scholarship, please contact the Romanian Government Embassy Mission in your countries for advise and instructions on how to apply.
For East African students only (Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Burundi) interested in applying for the scholarship, please join the Facebook Group here for advise and instructions on how to apply.