Deadline : Open
Apply for the IST Austria Scientific Internships for Bachelors and Masters Students. These internships are dedicated to Bachelor’s or Master’s students who would like to gain more research experience in their fields of study. These internship aim to offer participants an opportunity to gain more research experience. Interns will have the opportunity to find out if they enjoy doing independent research as well as which research field captivates your interest the most.
As an intern, you will receive support from IST Austria essential for your research as well as professional development. Interns have access to state-of-the art facilities from bioimaging to nanofabrication and scientific computing through centralized Scientific Service Units.
The scientific internship last for a duration of 1 year. Applicants apply to their preferred research groups and interns are selected by the head of a research group/ Leader. Inters are appointment subject to the availability of sufficient funds for the salary of the scientific intern and a formal approval of the Academic Affairs division. Here below is a list of the participating research groups.
- Computer Science
- Data Science and Scientific Computing
- Mathematics Neuroscience
Selected interns will receive the following benefits
- Interns selected for the IST Austria Scientific Internship programme will receive a minimum salary worth EUR 1,184 per month.
- You will be allocated and guided by your supervisor as you work on your internship projects thought the internship period.
To apply, you must meet the following conditions
- Applications are open to applicants of any nationality
- Internships are available in the fields of natural and computer sciences, mathematics or any related discipline.
- Applicants must be Bachelor’s or Master’s degree students if they wish to be considered for the fellowships programme
- Students who have already completed their studies are also welcome to apply
- You must demonstrate passion and interest for the research topic of the group you’re applying to.
- Applicants applying to their preferred research groups must have the relevant educational background in the research group field of specialization
- Possession of transferable/related research experience or technical skills and know-how would be an added advantage.
Applications are accepted all year around. Prospective interns must apply directly to their research group of interest
Applicants are advised to first identify which research group they are most interested in working with. They should thereafter contact the group leader directly via email . Your Email must contain the following information.
- You must attach a short background description and personal information
- Applicants must also include a motivation explaining their interest in working with the selected research group
- Submit an attached CV (in PDF format), listing relevant experience, education history
- Indicate the possible dates for your internship
Upon recipient of your application, the research group leader will decide if they are interested in hosting you as a scientific intern in their research group, and will help you complete the next steps to complete your application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here