Deadline : April 30, 2021
Apply for the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) Graduate Scholarships at the University of Sussex in the UK. The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) in conjunction with the University of Sussex are offering a number of scholarships to eligible deserving students. These Scholarships is offered to encourage high achieving students from countries in the Global South to study for a master’s degree at the University of Sussex.
The IDS Graduate Scholarships are made available with support from several of generous funders such as the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and Dr Purna Chander Kotagiri Fund. Although female students from Africa or Asia will be given priory during the selection process, the scholarship is open all students from eligible countries demonstrate greatest potential to make a difference in their home countries after completing the degree.
For the 2021 academic year, IDS is offering up to 3 scholarships dedicated to international students from low- or lower-middle-income countries in the Global South. Applicants must be planning to study for a master’s Degree programme. In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must have applied and accepted a full-time place on an IDS master’s degree.
- The scholarships include a tuition grant to go towards the tuition fees for your full-time master’s degree plus essential living costs
- Tuition grant is worth up to £18,500 and living allowance worth up to £11,000
- To apply for the scholarship, yo must be a national and current resident of a low or lower-middle income country. Please see full list here
- You must have applied for admission and received an unconditional offer for one of the full-time taught IDS master’s degree (see full list of IDS master’s courses)
- You must be able to submit your scholarship application by the deadline of 30 April 2021. Applicants may as well submit their applications for the scholarship even before receiving an offer of a place
- Candidates must meet demonstrate track record of excellence and achievement in the field of development as well as in previous studies.
- You must not have worked or studied in a high income country before
- Candidates must demonstrate their commitment to working for development and the ability to put to practice the skills they would have achieved up on return in their home countries.
You will be required to complete your application for the scholarship via the online IDS Scholarship Application portal. Although you must secure admission for one of the eligible courses in order to be considered for teh scholarship, you may still apply even before recieving you offer
Short listed candidates from the review process may be invited for an interview via phone, Zoom or Microsoft Teams. You must devise teh means to attend such interviews.
Once you have been interviewed and there after awarded the scholarship, you will receive notification on in writing by latest July 31, 2021. The deadline for application for the scholarship is April 30, 2021.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here