Deadline : March 31, 2021
Applications for the Future Food Swiss Research Initiative at ETH Zurich and EPFL in Switzerland are now open. ETH Zurich and EPFL presents the Future Food in partnership with Bühler, Givaudan and Nestlé with an aim of expanding research and education in the area of food and nutrition sciences. The Fellowship aims to bring together competences from academic and industrial research in the fields covered by the initiative.
The Future Food Fellowship program for 3 years in which fellows develop solutions that address grand challenges such as affordable nutrition and sustainable packaging. At the end of the second year, a review is conducted to evaluate the project, its continued originality and the productivity of the fellow.
This fellows research programme is co-managed by the World Food System Center at ETH Zurich and the Integrative Food Science and Nutrition Center at EPFL.
- The project Funding will b available for a maximum duration of three years.
- Funding will be granted to cover the your salary in accordance with the host institution’s standard conditions
- You will also receive an annual funding for project costs directly related to the approved project.
- Fellowship will receive up to CHF 390’000 for the entire three-year grant
In order to be considered for the fellowship, the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled
- You must demonstrate the willingness to engage in scientific or economic issues across the frontiers of food and nutrition sciences.
- Applicants may be nationals of any country around the world
- There are no age restrictions for the program, therefore all eligible applicants are welcome
- At the time of application, you must hold a doctorate (PhD) and must have obtained their doctoral degree at maximum three years before the submission deadline.
- You must not be affiliated for the purpose of studies, research, employment or other activities at either ETH Zurich or EPFL during the 12 months that immediately precede the submission deadline.
- Applicants who hold or have held a faculty-equivalent position in a higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad will not be considered
Applications and program proposals will be submitted online using the online submission tool provided on the program website. Along with your personal information, the application will also require teh following documents
- You must submit a letter of motivation including a statement detailing the reasons and justification for why you are qualified for the fellowship
- Applicants must submit a detailed research proposal. This must include the state of research to date as well as the research plan and expected milestones.
- You must request, receive and submit a letter signed by at least one host ETH Zurich or EPFL professor, stating her/his support for your proposed project
- Your latest curriculum vitae including a list of publications, Academic diplomas and transcripts obtained so far
- You must provide a list of five names of potential external reviewers including their names, affiliations, and email addresses).
- Applicants must provide list of three names of potential authors of recommendation letters
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here