Deadline : March 15, 2020 .
The Institute for Minority Rights of Eurac Research invites applications for the Summer School on Human Rights, Minorities and Diversity Governance 2020. The Summer School follows an interactive approach and explores human rights, minority rights and diversity governance from an interdisciplinary and comparative perspective.
Eurac Research is an innovative private centre for research and training based in South Tyrol (Italy). It focuses on three major themes: regions fit for living in, diversity as a life-enhancing feature, a healthy society. The Institute for Minority Rights pursues basic and applied research on the protection of minorities as well as cultural and territorial diversity governance,. Besides its academic expertise, the institute offers consultancy and training activities in Europe and worldwide.
During the two-week programme, participants will be immersed in an exciting international learning environment in Bolzano/Bozen (South Tyrol, Italy). The programme includes:
- lectures by international experts
- interactive workshops and role-plays
- study visits
- cultural activities.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits
- Full scholarships (tuition fee waiver and free accommodation in a 4 bed-room at the Youth Hostel in Bolzano/Bozen)
- partial scholarships (no tuition fee). Selection is based on merit and need.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- The two-week postgraduate programme welcomes an international audience: young researchers and academics, post-docs and post-graduate students, civil servants from local, regional or national governments as well as employees of international organizations or NGOs.
- The Summer School is designed for those who wish to upgrade their knowledge of minority protection and diversity governance through an interdisciplinary and comparative approach, including:
- MA and PhD students,
- post-docs and young researchers and academics;
- civil servants from local, regional or national governments;
- employees of international organisations or NGOs.
You will need to submit the following documents during the application :
- The application process for the 2020 Summer School starts on 15 February 2020. The deadline for application is 15 March 2020.
- You will have to submit a completed online application form along with the following information:
- personal data
- relevant academic and professional education
- work experience (if applicable)
- statement of motivation
To apply Click here