Deadline : January 5, 2024
Apply for the Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programme at University of Oxford in UK 2024. Oxford invites applications for the Ertegun Scholarships in the Humanities. The University’s main aim is choosing the very best students who will realize Mica Ertegun’s Mission and one day become leaders in their chosen fields. Applications are open to candidates who wish to apply for a full-time graduate course at Oxford for the University intake in September 2024 and wish to be considered for funding in the academic year 2024-25.
There are 15 scholarships available for qualified students. Interested applicants can submit their applications for funding provided that they are applying for courses offered at faculties including:
- Classics (including classical archaeology).
- English Language and Literature.
- Fine Art (DPhil in Contemporary Art History and Theory only).
- History (including History of Art and the History of Architecture).
- Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics.
- Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature).
- Theology and Religion.
- Film Aesthetics and Women’s Studies interdisciplinary courses.
- Asia and Middle East Studies
- Comparative Literature and Critical Translation
The scholarship will cover the whole study period of the course you have chosen which normally lasts 1 Year. However, if your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based on satisfactory academic progress.
Successful applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- The Ertegun Scholarship will cover your course fees in full for the length of your study.
- You will receive a generous annual grant for living costs worth approximately £18,622 to cover the living costs at Oxford.
- Beneficiaries will also enjoy dedicated use of Ertegun House, which provides space for each Scholar for writing and research, as well as opportunities to participate in social occasions, lively lectures, performances and other activities developed expressly for the Scholars
Please make sure that you meet the following conditions if you wish to apply for the scholarship
- This scholarship programme is open to all students from any country around the world
- You must be applying for a new graduate (Master’s degree) course at the university of Oxford in one of the selected field described above
- Candidates must meet the criteria for admission to the course of their choice at the university of oxford
- Applicants must ensure that they meet the language criteria for entry to the course of their choice
Interested applicants are advised to fill out the online application form required for admission to Oxford university for the course of their choice. You are advised to follow the following application procedure. Applications are now open and will close on January 5, 2024. (This is the deadline for application for admission for most courses).
- You will apply for the scholarship at the time of submission of your application for your preferred course
- Applicants are required to select ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarships in the Humanities’ in the Funding Section of the University’s Graduate Application Form.
- Some courses managed by the Social Sciences Division are also eligible.
- Applicants must also complete a supporting statement and upload it as a pdf document together with their Graduate Application Form
- Remember to submit all other supporting documents as required by the course you are applying for.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here