Deadline : September 28, 2019
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), invites the youth of Muslim countries to register for Doha Youth Camp for Voluntary and Humanitarian Work, in cooperation with Qatar Red Crescent in Doha (from October 28th to November 6th, 2019), as part of the activities of “Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth for 2019”, which represents an opportunity for young Muslims to exchange experiences and expertise in the field of volunteering and humanitarian work.
Objectives of the event:
- Developing the capabilities of Muslim youth in the fields of relief and disaster management.
- Putting forward and discussing the experiences of some Islamic countries in volunteerism, humanitarian, and relief work.
- Encouraging young people to acquire and disseminate a culture of social responsibility and volunteerism.
The event will be a simulation of real and realistic experience of the situation of refugees and the victims of natural disasters and wars. Throughout the camp period, participants will live in tents similar to the refugee camps’.
The camp will be held from October 28th to November 6th 2019 (The arrival of participants is scheduled one day before the start and departure one day after).
The host country will cover travel expenses to and from the participant’s country of residence as well as accommodation, meals, and internal transportation.
- Participants must be from 18 to 30 years old for both genders.
- Participation is allowed to young people belonging to OIC Member States or being young representatives of Muslim communities.
- The participant shall submit an accredited certificate proving that he has a sound reputation and good conduct.
- The participant must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee.
The Curriculum Vitae sent by the candidate will be evaluated by the selection team according to the following criteria:
- Being able to understand Arabic And English language as it will be used to conduct the training.
- Being able to adapt to hard field activities.
- Providing medical certificate proving he/she is healthy and fit.
- Passing compulsory medical examination.
- Having previous experience in humanitarian and volunteer work.
- Being able to work in teams.
- Application form must be sent at least one month before the date of the event, due to September 28th, 2019.
- Curriculum Vitae and required information shall be attached through the electronic link on the website of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth for 2019: https://www.dohaiyc.qa
- Selected participants will receive a confirmation of participation in the training through their email as indicated in the application form.
To Apply, Click Here