Deadline : June 30, 2020 .
Apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at Makerere University. The MasterCard Foundation works with visionary organizations to provides greater access to education, skills training and financial services for people living in poverty, primarily in Africa. The Scholars Program provides talented people, particularly from Africa, with access to quality and relevant secondary and university education.
The Scholars Program is a growing commitment and to date, the Program is committed over US$840 million to supporting the education and leadership development of over 35000 young people. Recently, Makerere University entered into partnership with The MasterCard Foundation to offer scholars to 1000 bright youth from Africa to study at Makerere University from 2013 to 2024.
This project worth US$21 million is being implemented at Makerere University with the aim of developing the next generation of African leaders and also to promote the strategic objectives of Makerere University and The MasterCard Foundation in contributing to Africas higher education sector and development.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits under The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University
- Tuition and functional fees
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home
- Laptops, books and other learning materials
- Accommodation, bedding’s and meals
- Psycho-social and mentor-ship
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered for the The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University;
- Both males and females Citizens and residents of all African countries are eligible.
- Applicants must be academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- Veterinary medicine,
- ICT, Health Sciences,
- Technology and Engeneering,
- Law and Human rights
- Business and Financial Management
Please Note: All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
You will need create your application by following the following steps as described below :
- Applicants must first apply for admission for any of the eligible courses described above, for full time undergraduate studies at Makerere university.
- Applicants should then obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402, or Down load the application forms from The MasterCard Foundations Scholars Program website.
- Submit completed Application Forms. If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply Click here