Call for applications for the 2nd Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting in Vilnius – Luthiuania (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 12, 2019
Inspired by the success of the 1st Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting (VYLM) in Autumn 2017, the Eastern Europe Studies Centre continues the initiative and launches a call for applications for the 2nd Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting. This program is to be held on October 17-19, 2019 in Vilnius, Lithuania. The first edition of VYLM included participants from the Baltic States, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. This year the program is expanding to one more country – Armenia!
The VYLM focuses on addressing threats posed by disinformation, fake news, propaganda, controlled access to information and discussion venues, and aims to increase societal resilience of targeted communities. To tackle these problems, VYLM uses an approach of sharing expertise and lessons learned by those active in the field. It is also creating a network of like-minded people who are able to work together and construct new innovative approaches. For this purpose young practitioners from different areas, including but not limited to journalists, bloggers, artists, civic activists, scholars and public servants, from following 9 countries: Armenia, Estonia, Belarus, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine are invited to apply for the 2nd VYLM.
The three day-long program includes meetings and discussions with renown experts who are leading the fight against disinformation (predominantly from Russia) within their countries and/or represented institutions. During the previous VYLM, experts arrived from Brussels, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine, and the United States. The same is aimed for the 2nd VYLM.
In addition to the opportunity to meet and learn from leading figures in journalism, communication, foreign affairs, and security – as well as from one another – participants will be provided with:
- Accommodation from October 16 to October 20 (4 nights on a double-occupancy basis)
- Round-trip transportation
- Visa support, if required
- Motivated young professionals from Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine whose professional activities and personal goals are related to improving media, scholar and the analytical environment in their respective countries and the broader region.
- Be between 24-35 years old
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the fields of journalism, communication, political science, or civil society/NGOs
- English language skills allowing to take an active part in discussions (simultaneous English-Russian interpretation is planned, but may not always be available)Even if you do not meet all of the above-mentioned criteria, your application is still welcome. Participants will be selected not only based on their competence, but huge attention will be paid to participant motivation and ability to contribute to the general aim of the Meeting. Innovative approaches and ideas are encouraged!
Please fill in the application form in English (preferably) or Russian, save it in a Word format and return it to the organizers by email at [email protected]. Please indicate VYLM Application in the subject line. Applications that do not include complete answers to all questions will not be considered. All applications must be received by the deadline of August 12, 2019, at 23:55 Lithuanian time (EEST, UTC+ 03:00).
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit 2nd Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting .